Thursday, July 23, 2009

I am a karaoke junkie.

Life would not be the same without karaoke. This may lead you to believe that I am filipino (call it a blanket statement, but all two of my filipie friends have their own karaoke machines with the fancy microphone remote control).

Flashback: Kuya and David sing "Backstreet's Back" as Maryjoy and I scream from the "floor":


I had a couple asian moments today at karaoke.

Moment 1: Standing on my chair to notice I WAS THE ONLY ASIAN at the bar! I believe the phrase, token asian, was used.

Moment 2: I was called an asian Elle Woods. We even did the bend and snap! Do we see the resemblance?


I'm just sad I won't be able to make it on Saturday! Have fun without me, gang! :)

2 comments:

  1. HIlarious, Debbie B., my neighbor went to the Phillipines (sp) for a mission trip, and at one point she was plagued by someone singing karaoke all night long for a number of nights...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, my mom is chinese from the philippines... so i guess i'm part filipino in that sense...

    i love karaoke! maybe one day when i visit you guys, you'll have to take me. I own a machine. :D

    i guess living in norcal, i'm never the token asian. there are asians everywhere... sometimes i'm scared of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete