Friday, July 24, 2009

Best Christmas EVER.

Ever since I was young, I didn't find Christmas particularly "asian" in my household. We put up a Christmas tree every year and placed presents underneath. I also went through the phase where I kept asking Mommy questions about Santa. For instance: "Why does santa's little helper have the same handwriting as you, Mommy?" What can I say? The logic started at a young age.

Ellie hosted a Christmas in July party for me tonight. It was more asian than I could ever have imagined.

Here were the crafty culprits:

"I can always find the scissors" Brenda and "I've got the best sense of asian humor" Kathy:

Oh my cow, Kathy is a genius with felt, chopsticks, and permanent markers:



"I was an art major" Jen (how did I not know this??) and "I'm magical with the paintbrush" Janet:

(Most of what these two made are still drying at Ellie's house; Janet's still making a bunch at her own house too!)

"I look great in glitter" Jackie:

(I'm pretty sure Jackie got more glitter on her face than her ornaments; I couldn't take her seriously all night because all I could see was glitter!!)

"I'm only considered not crafty because you're comparing me to my super crafty friends" Ellie:

Ellie made angels and hearts; I like to call the angels "Ellie's Angels". Nice, right? :)

"I can beat Jeanette in a bead/wire making race any day" Janina:





She and I were making those cute dangling icicle ornaments - I wore them as earrings for most of the night:


and...."I've got the giggles"Judy and "I should write with glue all day" Amy Rae (unfortunately not photographed because they left too early!! Next time, ladies :))

I can't wait to have a Christmas party at my house for the ladies to see their beautiful work!! Thank you all, the ornaments were perfect and lovely! :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you took pictures of the ones I created...Brad calls me "Angel," he says it's from Revelation...

    But I have to offer this comment--you attributed me to saying something I didn't. I am not crafty at all. No comparison to friends needed.

    Didn't you notice the hives when we were in Hobby Lobby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember the last time I had so much crafty fun! You delight me with your smile and humor! - Kathy

    ReplyDelete