Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby!

For those of you who have known me for more than a year, you will know that I had a very long relationship with a beloved friend I called Winterfresh (since I was very little, my family started calling our cars by gum flavors/brands. I was the only one to continue this trend). I was only 4 years older than Winterfresh, and we shared many memories together. Here was one of our last moments:
Now if you asked any of my friends, they would tell you about the many frustrating times when Winterfresh had left me hanging. Hence, I was forced to add to my "to-do" list at work (note how one of my students added "cool" to it):
Finally, after three years:
And after one year: Happy Birthday, Baby!! I figured, if this one lasts as long as Winterfresh, we'll be celebrating many birthdays together. So I had to buy my baby a birthday present. He smells nice now. All I have to say is…Cherish the moments, people. :)

8 comments:

  1. Brad's wondering if you know your refrigerator's birthday? I'm wondering, what's your new car's gum name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I can't seem to figure out a good gum flavor that would work with my new car. Ideas?

    And no, the fridge incident was a little bit more traumatizing (and unexpected), thus no name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute post! how did naming the car after gum started? that's totally unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birthday, even a fridge deserves a b-day! And are you saying shopping with Brad was traumatizing?
    ;)

    I hope to practice those skills at the flea market on Sunday!

    Hm, how about Orbit? Wait, that's not a flavor. I'll have to look next time I'm in the gum aisle.

    My car is "Redbird," and I call Brad's "The Moose"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah Moose is highly appropriate.

    Agnes, I think we started the gum flavors when we had two red cars - we called the big one "BIG RED" (in Chinese, of course). It stuck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah.. nice! new car. i miss driving sometimes. but when i see the kinds of roads my friends here drive on, and the traffic that goes on, i'm glad i'm not driving here. but i do miss driving on a long road trip with my karaoke play list going on.

    i feel like i took a ride in winterfresh before.. did i? you rode in my silver camry right? i called it two-tone, cuz of the home made repairs my dad made. oh, how i miss the duct taped steering wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I think I rode in your camry...but never knew of its adorable name! How cute. :)

    I might have driven you somewhere in college or post college in Winterfresh. I can't remember. To be honest, I would think you would remember the loud noises coming from my car. :P

    And...you'd better give me lots of advanced notice when you come back next, because I will prepare a karaoke DAY for us. It will be super sweet :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my...i so remember that car! My first car was a toyota corolla station wagon (o.o- when they still had those) from that era~ haha

    nice new car!

    ReplyDelete